I just recently play Pottermore and often hear people keep complaining about how difficult making potions are. I say it’s just a bit tricky. So, here’s some tricks to make it work.
#1 Bottled Ingredients
I heard a friend complaining of how difficult to pour a precise amount of ingredients in bottles. Here’s my tricks:
- Hold the bottle by clicking it on the bottle mouth. This will keep the bottle steady when you carrying it around.
- When pouring the ingredients into your cauldron, place the bottom of the bottle on the edge of the cauldron and tip it little by little to get the precise amount.
#2 Heat Measures
A friend of mine blew her cauldron 3 times in a row for overheating it when brewing her potion. Here’s some simple tricks:
- To keep some time, use high heat to get to the measured heat then turn it to low heat.
- If the heat went up to almost overheating, turn the fire off. When the bar went down, quickly turn it on again. Do this repeatedly to keep the heat inside the green-zone bar.
#3 Save Your Time
In my own experience, each time I screwed up with my potion after brewing, it ticks me off to redo the potion from scratch and wait for it to brew again for a long time. Save your time, here’s how I do it!
- Simple! When you messed up, just click the ‘back’ button and return to the potion page. You’ll only have to redo making the potion from after brewing time, not from the beginning if you fail.
#4 Free Ingredients
Do you know that you can get some ingredients for free? You’ve found some ingredients scattered all over the chapters, have you? If you ran out of those ingredients, just simply visit the chapter and it’ll be there. But if you still have it, it won’t be there. ^^
That’s some little tricks in brewing potions.